I wasn’t lying about the Oreos.
This is actually a thing. This is a whole Oreo stuffed inside a very large, very delicious chocolate chip cookie.
This is serious business people. I don’t joke about cookies inside of other cookies.
I don’t even have good flavour text to go with this recipe.
It’s exactly what it sounds like.
Make cookie dough.
Smoosh around a double stuff Oreo in its entirety.
So I’m just going to drop this recipe in front of you guys and back away slowly. You don’t need me. You just need these cookies.
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is not my usual Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, but I suspected that mine would spread too much and reveal its delicious innards prematurely, so I used the cookie recipe included in the original recipe.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 package Double Stuff Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars together with a mixer until well combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop take one scoop of cookie dough and place on top of an Oreo Cookie. Take another scoop of dough and place on bottom of Oreo cookie. Seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand until Oreo cookie is enclosed with dough. Place onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake cookies 9-13 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Makes about 2 dozen enormous cookies. It is like 3 cookies in one afterall!